Learn about the Interest Rates that are currently available from Lenders across Australia and get an idea about your Loan Repayments
Current Loan Rates*
Below are the interest rates that you can expect to see based on what you are looking to buy:
Cars, Utes, Vans & Trucks
New: 6% – 10%
Used: 7 – 15%
Motorbikes, Boats, Jetskis, Caravans & Motorhomes
New: 8 – 12%
Used: 9% – 17%
*Interest rates vary from lender to lender and can be determined by a number of factors, including:
- Credit History – The rates above are based on good to reasonable credit histories. If you have a poor credit history the rate could be higher.
- Customer Profile – This takes into account elements such as your employment history, address history, assets & liabilities and income & expenses.
- Age of Asset – An approximate rule of thumb would be: the older the asset you’re buying the higher the rate.
- Amount Borrowed vs. Asset Valuation – Higher deposits / trade ins can sometimes help to reduce the rate.
- Secured or Unsecured – The rate is likely to be lower if the loan is secured against the item that you’re buying.
Loan Payment Calculator
Use the Calculator below to give you an idea about how much your loan repayments would be.
1. Select a Loan Amount ($5,000 to $100,000)
2. Select an Interest Rate (0% to 20%)
3. Select a Loan Repayment Period (1 year to 7 years)
4. Select a Payment Frequency (weekly, fortnightly or monthly)
5. Click Calculate to see your results
The results provided by this calculator are an approximate guide for information purposes only. This calculator, or the results generated, do not constitute any agreement by Loan Place Group to provide credit.
To Get 3 Free Quotes from Alternative Lenders Tailored for Your Specific Circumstances Click Below:
Check out our Other Great Learning Resources:
- Loan Types
To learn about financing the item that you’re looking to buy click here.
- Loan Options Explained
To learn about the various different types of loans and leases available click here.
- How It Works
To learn how LoanPlace.com.au can help you get the very best finance deal click here.
- Bank and Finance Company Overviews
To learn more about the main players in the finance sector click here.
- Buyer Tools
To access a range of great tools and obtain inside industry knowledge to help you get the very best finance deal click here.
To get the latest news and tips click here.